Many a time while working on our PC/ laptop we come across situations where we are not able to open a file, save it or copy it. Many a busy computer user’s major irritant is seeing messages such as ‘Error cannot delete file, the source or destination file may be in use, cannot move folder etc. This is where the Long Path Tool comes to the rescue. It can handle issues which Windows Explorer/ FAR cannot when it comes to pathnames more than 256 characters. The Long Path Tool can handle pathnames up to 32,000 characters – the internal Windows limit.
Long Path Tool can be used if you face problems deleting or unlocking or renaming or even copying files which have long filenames. The tool helps by simplifying file names which are categorized as long filenames. This tool can be used in any Operating System without any hurdles. Not only does it help in working with files with long names but can also address common error situations such as:
- Inability to read from source file or disk
- Sharing violations
- Unable to delete a particular file or folder
- Invalid file names due to length of characters
- Source or destination files currently in use
The tool has been developed to ensure such problems are effectively addressed and your computer time is efficiently used. Thanks to this tool many users are able enjoy smoother computer operations without having to break their heads on different file errors.
Using this tool is very simple. The software can be downloaded online. Follow the instructions of the download and save it to your computer. It can be run on any system whether it is Windows NT, Windows 2000 or XP or Vista and even Windows 7. To access the Long Path Tool, have a shortcut icon created on your desktop. Whenever you need to manage files with long filename, you need to click on the Long Path Tool icon. The tools will open a window which has all the files listed. In this window you can modify, rename, delete, copy, paste, move and open the files without any issues. With this application accessing files and folders becomes easy and instantaneous because of the simple interface which can be used by anyone. You need not be a computer whiz nor do you need any unique specifications to utilize this wonderful tool.
Advantages of the Long Path Tool
- Easy to download and simple to use. It has a user friendly interface and is flexible enough to be used in multiple situations
- Searches out long path files and folders very fast
- Does not require any special system specifications. It can work on any Windows version ranging from Windows NT, Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
- Files which are system locked can be deleted.
- Files from mapped network folders can be deleted
- Provides a list of files and paths with file path of more than 200 characters. This would help you deciding the course of action
- It can close the application using the file
- The locking process can be unloaded
- Provides the ability to copy/ delete or rename files and folders
- Enables deletion of file or folder after rebooting
- Can omit file names specified by the user as not valid or of long file names
- Future versions absolutely free. Hence you will be able to upgrade at no extra cost whenever the latest version is available for general use
It makes complete sense to download this tool online so that you can fool proof yourself from not only your current issues but future problems too. It is the tool to go in for if you want a better and error free file management experience. The Long Path Tool is fast, effective and efficient while being simple to use. This is in fact the most popularly used tool online. For more details on the tool and its features you can visit: www.longpathtool.com.